Friday, February 22, 2008

Give My Regards To Broadway….

Hey all. Oh my Gaw! Only 3.5 months to go! Can you believe it? Me neither. Sometimes I stop and think – is this really happening? Right now it’s all still a dream about this fantastical day that is going to happen. Through all of my planning, I’ve come to realize, getting married is almost like putting together a broadway show!

First – you need the storyline: “boy meets girl – boy falls madly in love with girl cause she’s so fabulous; boy and girl get married!”.

Second – a title: “Lisa & Rich’s Wedding”. Perfect.

Third – a writer, producer and director – That would be ME!

Let’s not forget the Cast: Bride, Groom, Wedding Party, Family and Friends;

Art Director – (Photographer);

Music and Lighting Director – (DJ);

Food and Beverages – thank you Venue!

And of course – the audience – that would be YOU!

The curtain raises and VOILA! “Lisa and Rich’s Wedding” has its opening night! (day)

You hold your breath and hope that all goes as planned – so much time spent preparing and planning. All you can do is have faith and relax and let everything go. The opening line “we gather here today… followed by a lovely script of warm fuzzies, and coming to the finale when the groom may kiss the bride”.

The crowd is on it’s feet – they are happy and smiling and clapping - a standing ovation! And you take your bow. Well Done I Say! Well Done Indeed! (See – I told you I’m living in a dream world! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like it deserves a Tony!!!

Anonymous said...

I did not know that you were blogging. As a matter of fact I have never visited a blog before five minutes ago. This is virgin territory for me. Anyhow, it is kind of like being a little author of your own life. Read a few little exerpts. We did our honeymoon in Italy, as well as Germany and Austria. We also went a little after our wedding and did a mini honeymoon right after the fact in Quebec City. All great memories, but good choice to wait until Fall to go to Italy we were there in mid-July - and it was stickin hot - scorching!!!! Andrea

Anonymous said...

O.K. the show is about to begin, I knew putting you into Whitby Little Theatre was going to pay off! Lights, cameras, (Cory where are you) action. You have us all in your spell, the cast is almost ready, and the stage is almost set, here we go, CAN"T WAIT!!!! love ya SC