Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I think i'm a bear

Here it comes......that feeling of wanting to nest and hibernate. I would make a great bear. As soon as this time of year hits, we are waking in the dark and the evenings feel so short. I want to come home from work - get in my comfy clothes - have dinner then snuggle in on the couch for some tv. (fall tv is awesome by the way - all the new shoes start!) BUT!! this is the worst thing for me to do and i know that.

So - I have to make a change. I have to make this fall & winter season different from all the past ones where I've done exactly what I said above. Otherwise I know what will happen. All of my hard efforts will go down the toilet! As soon as I veer off of my routine - I get in trouble. So - I am planning to make it a goal of mine this winter that as soon as I am home from work - before I do ANYTHING else - I work out! Shoes come off - a quick hello to our kitty cat - and into the gym clothes and downstairs I go! I have been doing this all summer, but since the seasons have changed, it seems like I have to work a bit harder with my brain to get me to do this lately.

Then, if after my dinner I spend the rest of the night watching some tv or reading, I won't feel guilty because I would have gotten my exercise in already. Granted - I do want to get out of the house whenever we can. We are planning to try some cross-country skiing this winter and I LOVE winter walks, so I don't want to spend every evening in the house. But - I just know sometimes in the cold dark months - staying in and being cozy is pretty nice!

On a different note - our kitchen is almost complete! Just awaiting the new countertops which are being installed this week, and a bit of final detailing with crown moulding and trim, etc. but the end is finally in sight and it feels sooooooooo good! will post some before and after pics once it's all finished!

1 comment:

sc said...

I know exactly how you feel, came home yesterday from shopping and it was only 4 oclock, ran up to put on my jammie pants, and then made dinner. Curling up is good, but can be bad, if the day has had no exercise, in it. So I go first thing, for a walk then add a little muscle workout, and then like you can guilt free watch Lie to Me, House and the rest. love ya SC