Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Rehearsal before the Rehearsal

Last night Rich and I went to meet with the officiant who will be marrying us. She’s a lovely woman who lives out in the country with her golden retriever and two cats. She has a beautiful garden in her backyard where she often performs small marriage ceremonies as well.

We met at her house where we were greeted by Morgan (her Goldie) and he plopped himself on the couch beside me and never left our sides!

We discussed the basics….who’s walking down the aisle with me – who is standing up with Rich – timing of the day – what Rich has to do, etc. It was pretty cool. She showed us how to stand and when to turn and what to say. At one point Rich and I were standing there looking into each other’s eyes and we were holding hands, and I started to laugh a bit because it was just a dreamlike moment for me knowing this is really happening – in fact – it’s happening in one month from today!

Rich was cute too, when we went thru’ the motions of the rings, he was told to place the ring on my finger and he kind of held my hand and paused and didn’t know what to do because my engagement ring was still on and…how does he get the ring on before it? (once I explained that I’d have my e-ring on the other hand it all made sense to him).


So, the rehearsal was good and we will in all likelihood forget everything she told us, but I know she’ll guide us thru’ the day and it’ll be great. Plus, when we go for our formal rehearsal and dinner with the wedding party, we know what to tell everyone and we’ll have a better picture of how the day will go. It was a pretty cool night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely eve. and I know it will all go beautifully and all this years planning and prep. will be culminated in a wonderful day. love you lots, SC