Friday, September 12, 2008

Viva Italia!

Well….as a fiery redhead said to me the other day…..I’m going to get spoiled by travelling every three months – and she is right! Tonight, at 6pm, my husband and I take off in a plane to Italy for 2 fun-filled weeks! (17 days to be exact!)

We fly into Venice and have 3 days there, where I am promised a romantic gondola ride and our hotel has a canal view! From Venice we take a train to Florence, where we are staying for a full week. Here we will bask in the Tuscan sun and do day trips to Pisa (leaning tower that is) and lots of other places that Rich wants to go. (He’s planning our itinerary – I just happily follow along since this is my first time there). I’ve been told that Florence is the most beautiful place! And then we finish off with 5 nights in Rome before coming home.

In Rome, we will be going to Vatican City, the Sistine Chapel (to see the famous ceiling painted by Michelangelo), the Trevi Fountain, St. Peter’s Square, museums and galleries, churches and maybe even a Roman Bath!

I am also looking forward to the vineyard tours and wine tastings, and of course the delicious Italian cuisine! I will have to make sure to do lots of walking (which won’t be hard) to work off all the yummy pasta and pizza and gnocchi I’m going to have! I will post some pictures once we’re back! Ciao for Now!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky world traveller, cant wait to see your photos, and how you loved it all. take care, SC

Anonymous said...

is hoping you guys have a wonderful vcay!!!!