Thursday, November 27, 2008

FRUSTRATED!!

Does anyone in the customer service industry ever help you out anymore? I would have to go with NO! It's Press 1 for this - press 2 for that - then you finally arrive at the place which you hope is the right one and "all the customer service representatives are busy at the moment" - and with my current experience - I'm not even allowed to hold. Instead, I am asked to leave a message and "they will get back to me as soon as possible"!

Well - it's been 4 days!! They need to re-think their soon-as-possible position! Grrrrrrrrrrr.

We booked a trip to Cuba for January - we want to change our hotel - so I emailed the "modifications" people and, granted, they did write back - 4 days later! And with an open-ended question instead of just giving me the information I'd asked for in the first place.

ME: Hello...blah blah blah...can you please tell me how much it is to change to XX hotel including any service change fees, taxes, etc.

THEM: we have two types of rooms - Canal View and Ocean View - which one?

Why for the love of god could they not write back saying "ocean view will cost you XX dollars and canal view will cost you XX dollars - which one would you prefer?"


Because that would be too easy that's why!!! So now I have to wait another 4 days for them to answer my next question....which of course was "how much is canal view and how much is ocean view?"

Normally a few days turn around time wouldn't bother me. But because we're changing our hotel, we have to pay a service "change" fee, and the closer the "change" date is to your departure date - the more expensive that fee is. So already I'm 4 days more expensive than I have to be. Which I realize now is all part of their devious plan to get more money out of us. (cue scary music.....) Thank goodness our trip wasn't next week or we'd be S.O.L.

Also the other day, a customer service rep from the photo company we ordered a wedding print from practically ripped my head off for calling them, when (unbeknownst to me) our print had already been mailed and why was I bothering them? Alrighty then......

Oh, and don't let me forget about last week when my husband had to call the wireless router customer service people (i'm sure that's not their technical name) because his laptop wouldn't connect to the internet. Know what they told him? "We can only help you for one year...after that you're on your own. Your one year expired yesterday. Sorry and good luck."

Customer Service Sucks These Days!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to me poor customer is just as bad as telemarketers errrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Anonymous said...

I went through that exact experience today, trying to call T.D. bank to cancel monthly statements, arriving for grandma, who of course does not have an account any more, and was told No I could not do that on the phone, I must go to the bank, which is in North York, and close this account. So shoot, send me the darn statements, all it says is $0.$0 $0, so Ill just throw them out, It is so frustrating, when they wont explain things, or talk to you, and I was on the phone holding for over 20 minutes. GRRRRRR