Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wasn’ that a party?

Saturday was a day for celebration. It was my boyfriend’s big surprise b-day bash. This has been in the works since before Christmas. It’s been a little tough since I live with the guy; not many moments alone to co-ordinate and strategize with his family, but we pulled it together! (thank god for e-mail!)

Family and friends gathered together for a great day. It was the first time my family met his. It was fab – everyone loved everyone! Rich was totally surprised with the scope of people invited. We had all kinds of appetizers and a wonderful meal and lots of wine and beer. There was even a slideshow with pictures from him as a toddler to now set to music. We pulled out the big screen and projector and the poor guy turned white…but it was a really cool way to celebrate. His dad and stepmom couldn’t be there as they live in Calgary, but they were in a lot of the pictures so it was great, because it felt like they were with us in the room. A few jokes from his cousins, a poem from me (awww), stories from his mom, etc. It was a really fun, upbeat (and sometimes emotional) day.


So, here’s to you hun…hope you had a great birthday. (I know you hardly ever read my blog) but when you do, remember all the nice things I did for you and that my birthday is coming up really soon too k??!! ;) Love ya.

No comments: