Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bust a Move

Before I got engaged, I said to myself “Self, when you get engaged, it’s going to be so much fun planning everything and picking things out and booking venues and ordering this and that and talking about it with friends and yadda yadda yadda”. Well – it is totally fun and I’m totally loving it, but because we want to get married in May or June of next year, the timeline is tight on booking a venue! I used to think I’d be down south, on a beach, not a care in the world, you know…a destination wedding – which I still love the idea of – but I love the idea more of being with all of the people who are important to me and who have watched me grow up and I want them to be included in my wedding day, especially my grammy-grams (grandmother) who’ll be 91 by the time we’re married and I don’t think she’d be able to make the trip south! The same goes for Rich and his family and friends, because this is his day too (or so I’m told). (kidding!!)

So – this past week, off we went to see 3 different venues. All had different characters, atmospheres, inclusions, exclusions, etc. One we love – but it’s on the higher end price-wise – the other we “like” – but the price is really good – and the third we just kind of said “no”, as it was quite small and would require some shuffling around – however it was mucho cheapo. But still….no. We are going to see another place on Friday, and another one Sunday, and then I think we’ll have some good ideas and comparisons and be ready to book something. There are tons of other places we could look at, but…like I said – not if we want to have a late spring wedding. There’s just not enough time as the dates are filling up.


By the way….when did DJ’s get so expensive!? I remember helping with functions where you’d hire a DJ for a couple hundred bucks. Now they’re anywhere from between $1000-$2000! Holy Cannoli. So – if anyone out there has some recommendations on a DJ – our ears are open. Otherwise I may have to get out my boombox and get down with Young MC’s “Bust a Move”….know what I’m sayin’ dawgs? I asked Rich if that could be our first dance song, but he said no. The noive!

No comments: