Thursday, June 14, 2007

Clouds in my Head

This past week I have been a little ‘out of sorts’ and I was trying to figure out why. My life is great and I have so much to be thankful for. But I’ve been feeling a little stressed and overwhelmed. I think part of it is attributed to the fact that I’m a total “planner”. Ask anyone who knows me and they’ll agree. So I think I’m trying to do too much, too soon and it’s clouding up my head. I want to enjoy these moments and not get stressed about things. So I need to take some deep breaths, relax and chill out.

There has been a lot going on over the past couple of weeks. On the wedding planning front – we’ve booked our venue for ceremony and reception. That took some time to sort out, and lots of trips to places and talking to people, but we got really lucky to find a perfect spot that both of us love. So, the date and venue are set! I asked 3 of my dearest friends to stand up for me, and my two beautiful nieces to be my flower girls. I also reserved the photographer that we wanted, and we will hopefully be meeting with someone in the next couple of weeks to officiate our ceremony. Once I have a DJ nailed down, I think I can take some time off from planning and relax over the summer (aside from a few trips to browse for dresses, but that’s more ‘fun’ than work).

Other things have been happening too. My parents moved out of their house, which they’ve been in for over 34 years, and will settle into their new place to start their new adventures. It’s bittersweet for all of us. My mom is retiring at the end of this month – good for you mom! Rich’s mom will do the same later this year, and she is also moving up to their cottage.

This weekend we will be up at my brother’s cottage to see the family. To celebrate Father’s Day and have some time in the sun. I’m really looking forward to that. But it’s also bittersweet. While we will be there to celebrate a special day, it will not be the same, as we found out this morning that my sister-in-law’s grandmother passed away. She was a lovely woman and was as much a part of our family, as she was of Cheryl’s. She will be missed by all, but I know that her memory will be kept alive by all of us who knew her.


So, I guess it’s natural that I would be feeling a little off, but it’s still important to put life into perspective and be thankful for all I have right now. I’m a very lucky girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just read you blog, you said many many nice things, and some sad notes too. it is an xciting time but remember to relax, dont let yourself get too stressed, their is lots of time. love SC