Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm Pickin' Up Good Vibrations....

I love summer. Everything about it. I.just.love.it. The birds are singing; the grass is green; the flowers are bright; the weather is warm. It’s fabulous all-around. People just seem happier too. Waking up to bright sunny mornings, and staying out on a patio till late evening, having drinks with friends – what beats that!?

This weekend we are having a family reunion at my aunt & uncle's place. They live on the water with a large property and have a whole bunch of kayaks and canoes for us to use. They’ve even rented a pontoon boat for the weekend so we can tour around the area and enjoy the sunshine. I’m looking forward to seeing my cousins and sitting by the bonfire at night with the guitars going and singing. Yee Haw!

Summer is always a busy time for us. Both of our families have cottages and the invites for visits are sometimes hard to say no to, because we want to see everyone. Add in the summer parties and bbqs; a golf tournament here and there; dress-shopping!; our Calgary trip and some camping, and whammo – there just aren’t a lot of free weekends left!

But the way I look at it is that what summer is all about. Once the cooler weather comes, and the days get shorter, people like to (or tend to) stay indoors more. So I say live it up while you can. Sure – it may mean that we’re on the road a lot and away from our house a lot and maybe spending a bit more money than we would normally cause of the traveling – but summer goes so fast and soon enough its back to the dark mornings and cold weather. So enjoy yourselves people. You know how the song goes….we’re here for a good time-not a long time-so have a good time-the sun don’t shine every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Summer is the very best time, long days, to enjoy the weather, the flowers, the sun and the water, I think we are able to relax more, and travel is much easier, no snow to worry about, I will try, no I will enjoy my vacation and newly acquired retirement, and hope everyone else in this busy family does as well. thanks for sharing your thoughts, SC