Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Good Day Sunshine

This past weekend was great. Friday night we took in a movie (Ratatouille believe it or not! and it was really really good!) Our trip to Paris last year made us love everything French – so we couldn’t resist. Saturday we went out for breakfast and then did some errands and shopping and picked up a lot of camping stuff that we needed. In the evening, my brother, his wife and their kids came over for dinner and I was able to spend some good quality time with my nieces who are adorable but a bit CRAZY! They’re 7 and 4 and they don’t ever get tired – EVER! I could not keep up with them. We looked at flower girl dresses and they showed me what they liked, didn’t like, etc. I told them that I loved them but the day of the wedding, they will have to be slightly medicated. (wink).

Sunday was a fun day too. We went to a barbeque at my aunt’s house and saw a lot of family. My brothers had the guitars going and everyone was singing old songs that my grandma and grandpa (on my dad’s side) used to sing. It brought back a lot of good memories. We were there celebrating a birthday for my uncle – but it turned into one big family celebration, as there are a LOT of August birthdays. A toast was made to Rich and I as well, on our engagement and kind words were shared about how wonderful everyone thinks Rich is. It was a great afternoon.

It’s been a wonderful summer. There have been some losses that we’ve gone through as a family, but many special times together too. We’re capping off the end of the summer with a camping trip to my all-time favourite provincial park! I’ve been going there since I was a baby, and haven’t been back in about 7 years. I can’t wait to get there and share my memories with Rich and show him all the special places I remember. We have a premium site right on the beach. It’s going to be great. If summer has to be over – this is way to end it. Hope you all have a safe and happy long weekend too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are really looking forward to camping, and being with you two, in our favourite camping grounds. We just hope that the bears are not going to be joining in the fireside singsongs, and marshmallow roasts with us. I'll beat you to the islands in the kayaks Leece, can't wait!! SC