Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Rocky Mountain High….

I’m baaaack. It was hard to return, I have to say. If I could have stayed longer I certainly would have. Being in the mountains with the clear blue skies and fresh clean air made it quite difficult to come back to the smog and humidity here at home. I had an amazing trip and saw so much in the 10 days we were there.

We pretty much stuck to the plan outlined in my previous post so I won’t talk about every single stop. But what I will say is that my expectations were far exceeded by the beauty that surrounded me! The colour of the lakes, the Columbia Icefields, the chateaus and the mountains – my gosh - the mountains! Just spectacular. Robin and Claire – thanks so much to you both for showing me all the wonderful sites I got to see an also for setting up our own little chateau in your home for us before we left on our journey. I will remember it always.

Aside from the wonderful scenery and adventures through the mountains – I was also lucky enough to meet some wonderful people. While in Calgary, before leaving for the mountains – I was able to meet some of Rich’s cousins on his mom’s side and we had a wonderful dinner at his aunt’s house – it was really good to be with all of them.

Also, I was able to meet a lot of Claire’s family. On the last leg of our trip, we went to Edmonton to stay with Denis and Debbie (Claire’s brother and sister-in-law). As I said, I had never met them before, yet I was welcomed with open arms and felt so comfortable right away. Before I was even in their house, I was greeted in the driveway with big smiles and warm hugs. They are amazing people. Their daughter Nicole and her husband were there as well, and their son Joel – all of them were very kind and generous and it was just a great stay. Debbie – you are lovely and wonderful and you have a glow about you that is amazing. Rich and I actually said to each other that we think you are the “nicest person on earth that we’ve ever met”. Getting a hug before I went to sleep from you and Nicole was the best. It made me feel like I was at home with my own mom – which was a very comforting feeling. Thanks so much to you and Denis for your hospitality and warmth. I hope I get to visit you again in the future.

Oh – and in case you all are wondering – Rich and I were on the same team for the golf tournament – and guess what – we tied for first!! I think I missed my calling. (Here are just a few pics of our trip for your viewing pleasure).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that Rich's family sounds wonderful, and I am so glad you had such a good time with them. As far as the scenery, it is the most beautiful Shangra-lar, one could ever expect to see. Darn all those years of gymnastics, when WHO KNEW! I was raising another Christie Everett!!! love SC

Anonymous said...

Ooops just realized chris everett was a tennis player, sorry, I should have said...I dont really know any women in golf, but kiddo, thats where we should have put the time in eh? Now you'd be bringing home the BLING!!! well, who cares, your trophy from the last golf event is bling enough. SC

Robin and Claire said...

We were so happy to have Lisa and Rich with us for a little while...had a great time. We feel cheated very often in the fact that they live so far away and we miss being involved with them. On the other hand, we are so happy to have Lisa in our family as we actually know what is going on in Rich's life!!!

Love....Claire and Robin