Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Wild Wild West…

A few more days and then my vacation will be here. I can’t wait! For 10 days I’ll be seeing a part of Canada that I’ve heard so much about, but have never been to. We’re going to Alberta. Rich’s dad and stepmom (Robin and Claire) live in Calgary, so we’re going to visit them. But it’s not just any ordinary family visit. Oh no, you see - when they have company – they do it up right!!

Our first few nights will be spent with them at their place and seeing some of Calgary. Rich also has a bunch of cousins there, so we’ll probably hook up with them if we can one evening for dinner. Then on Tuesday, Robin, Claire, Rich and I pack up their SUV and we make our way into the mountains!

First stop…Banff! They’ve booked us accommodation at the Hidden Ridge Resort. (picture # 1 below). It looks just beautiful. I can’t even imagine how amazing it will be in person. I’m sure we’ll do some exploring, hiking and shopping (of course!). I literally can’t wait to get there!
(http://www.bestofbanff.com/hrr/view.html)

Then on Wednesday we are heading to Lake Louise. Again – Robin and Claire have gone above and beyond and booked us into Deer Lodge – which is just down the road from the Chateau Lake Louise. I’m speechless by the pictures alone, so I don’t even know what I’ll do when I’m standing there in person (picture #2 below) (http://www.crmr.com/deer-lodge.php)

I think it’s safe to day that I’m not going to want to come home!! But it doesn’t end there. On Thursday we will make our way to Jasper. Just the name sounds relaxing - “Jasper”. Here we are staying at Bear Hill Lodge, where apparently the Elk like to say too! (see picture # 3 and 4 below). (http://www.bearhilllodge.com/ourplace.html). Here I will also get to see and experience the Columbia Ice Fields (picture #5 below). I can’t believe that I’m going to see all these beautiful and wonderful places all in one trip. I’m a very lucky girl.

We’ll also be going to Edmonton towards the end of our trip to see some of Claire’s family, and to play in their annual family golf tournament! Wouldn’t it be a kicker if I came back with the trophy! haha…you never know! Perhaps a stop at the West Edmonton Mall (picture # 6) and then we head home. I think its going to be a truly amazing adventure. I’ll post some of our own pictures to post when I get back!











2 comments:

Robin and Claire said...

WOW...Hope we can live up to the billing!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you and Rich,

Love,
Claire

Anonymous said...

Because we were there just two years ago, I still vividly remember how beautiful the province is. Almost nothing can compare in its beauty to the mountains, covered in blue-white snow, and ice, with streams and rivulets of cascading water descending it is truly an amazing sight. You will have a wonderful time, SC