Thursday, December 13, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

Rich and I have been talking about our honeymoon plans. Italy is our main honeymoon destination; however, we’re not going until September. We wanted to wait until then as that’s when they harvest the grapes for the wine (‘hic..) and it’s just beautiful there that time of year (so I’ve been told). We will be taking two weeks to see Venice, Florence and Rome. I cannot wait!

But because our wedding is in June, we also wanted an immediate getaway right after. Our first thought was something easy…all inclusive beach resort…maybe Barbados or St. Martin. Laze on a beach and eat and drink at our leisure. But now our minds are changing. As we’ve been researching vacations, we’re finding that for relatively the same price as Barbados, we could go to back to France. (and we’d probably appreciate Barbados more if we were to go in the winter months as opposed to June).

Our first thought was Paris! Paris in the Spring – does it get any better!? Rich took me to Paris last year and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! Who says no to a honeymoon there? BUT – I love the beach and the water and I know that I’ll want to relax after the wedding and not go crazy with sightseeing and trains, planes and automobiles, if you know what I mean.

So I think we found a compromise – the French Riviera! Still the magic and culture of France, but on the Mediterranean Sea – beachside – just how I like it! It will be the best of both worlds. So, although we haven’t made up our minds 100% yet – I think it will either be Nice or Cannes for our honeymoon in June.


Are we crazy? France in June and Italy in September? I don’t know if it’s all a bit much for one year. But then again – it’s our wedding – our honeymoon – we should make it be all it can be, non? Who’s with me on this one? Can I get a “Whoa France!” … anyone??? anyone??? ………

No comments: