Saturday, December 29, 2007

Merry Sickness To Me

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas / Hannukah / Holidays. I enjoyed the time spent with family, but I've been sick as a dog since last Sunday and I am only now starting to take a turn for the better.

On Dec. 22nd, which i think was a saturday, we had a christmas get-together at Rich's uncle's house. I was feeling great and enjoying myself and talking to one of his aunts about how I rarely get sick and have been really lucky this year...I even knocked on wood after I said that! and wouldn't you know it, the next morning I woke up with my throat feeling like sandpaper. I didn't think too much of it - I figured it was just the dryness in the house from the furnace being higher these days. But then the froggie in my throat turned into a big old monster and I went downhill from there. You name it, I had it. Cough, congestion, sore throat, aches, fever, clogged sinues, sneezing - I was so sick. I thought by Christmas day I'd be okay, but nope, it held on and I had to do my travelling and visiting with my box of kleenex and bags of herbal teas in my pockets.

So, while it's been nice to be off, it hasn't been much fun at all. To make things worse, Rich ended up pulling a muscle in his neck and it was so bad that I literally had to help him in and out of bed. I'm on tylenol 3's - he's on muscle relaxers - we're quite a pair! Today is Saturday and we've literally spent the whole day in bed watching HGTV. LITERALLY ALL DAY. i kid you not. I think we got up to heat up our leftover chinese food that we ordered for dinner last night cause neither of us are in any shape to cook. Mind you - I can't taste anything anyways so it wouldn't matter what I ate. But we haven't done anything today other than lie in bed and watch the tube. I just came into the office to post this as I know it's been awhile, and I had to stretch my legs a bit).

Even though we've both had it rough over the holidays, we've still managed to enjoy the company of both our families. It was kind of funny because my parents and brothers and nieces were all outside tobogganing up and down my brother's hill at the cottage and rich and I were watching them while sitting outside in the hot-tub on the deck of the cottage. It felt funny seeing them all bundled up in snowpants, and us in our bathing suits. But it was kind of cool.

Now we're thinking about new year's eve and wondering what to do. We may just have a quiet night together and go out for dinner -- we're not quite sure yet. But hopefully we'll both be feeling better by then.

1 comment:

Robin and Claire said...

Lisa

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Happy New Year.

Love
Claire