Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Still Sick....But Honeymoon is Booked!

Sniffle Sniffle...Cough Cough....you get the picture. I'm feeling a little better than I was last week, but I've still got a head cold and can't smell anything and sound like I can't pronounce my words properly. But....the time off and lazing around the house has been used productively too, as we booked our honeymoon!

A couple of posts back, I said we were thinking of going to the French Riviera to get the romance and culture of France, but also the warmth of the Mediterranean sea and its beaches. So, after reading many reviews and going on forums on trip advisor (www.tripadvisor.com - we never travel without it!), we decided that Nice (Cote d'Azur) will be our base and we booked our trip!

We will have two glorious weeks in the south of France. Our hotel faces the water and (fingers crossed) we will have a sea-view room with a balcony. I can't wait. We spent a short time in Nice last September (3 or 4 days) and there is so much more we want to see. So it will be great to have a couple of weeks to tour around and go back to Cannes and maybe Monaco, and see some more of the Old Town. But I'm especially looking forward to the beaches and sun and warmth and romance that the Cote d'Azur has to offer.

I can't wait to sip a glass of wine with my new husband (gasp!) while sitting on our terrace watching the sun go down over the Mediterranean Sea....what more could you possibly ask for? I.Can't.Wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Leece, how would you like some company, four, on a romantic honeymoon, doesnt that sound like fun? NO you say, well, I was just kidding anyway. It all sounds just like Cinderella, and her Prince, are going to have a delicioso, wonderful wonderful time. (still wish I could go) SC