Monday, March 03, 2008

Was'n That A Party?

On Saturday evening, we had our first "wedding party" party! The guys had never met the girls, so we got everyone together for dinner and drinks. Rich and I planned out a great menu - butter chicken, coconut rice, beef patties, chicken curry rotis, fried plantain, cheesestraws (which I made myself), chow mein with chicken, and some pine tarts for dessert (pine = pineapple) - oh, and can't forget the cheesebread (homemade by Bernie X). There were also appetizers and of course, lots of booze! Everyone was really comfortable with each other and basically the whole night was spent laughing (at either rich's or my expense it seemed), but was still a lot of fun. We even ventured downstairs to the bar and did some shots together and not long after that I was outside on the sidewalk doing cartwheels. In perfect form if I do say so myself.

And of course, what's a party without music right? So, up I went to get my iPod, hooked it up and the tunes started playing. Everyone wanted to hear some of our song choices for the wedding night (bridal party entrance, bridal party dance, etc.) - and if you know me at all - you know that I don't do anything without a lot of time, thought and preparation put into it. Any song that I've chosen for a specific part of my day has a meaning to it, and is chosen for a reason.

So I was very excited to play the songs for them! For the bridal party entrance I found a great remixed "island" type of song...upbeat, great rhythm and with rich and his boyz being from da islands mon - I thought it was so fitting and would be a hit. It starts to play and I'm in the groove bustin' my move, and right away I see some noses start to scrunch...so I think we might go with something else that everyone will like! Music is a huge part of the reception - I mean - it's what makes the night! and that's why we've hired a great DJ who's up on his stuff. So I'm sure everyone will get their groove on.

It was a fabulous, fun night with friends and family and laughed and joked and I loved having everyone together talking about the wedding and each other and all the fun we're going to have. Rich and I have an amazing group of people standing up for us - we're very lucky. :)

No comments: