Thursday, March 20, 2008

Invites are Out!

We sent our wedding invitations out last week – Thursday afternoon to be exact – and when I called my aunt the next day (Friday) to say hello, she said “wow! I can’t believe you’re calling me at this exact moment – I just opened your wedding invitation!” On Tuesday this week, two more RSVPs had arrived. Way to go Canada Post!

Or so I thought…..

Yesterday we got home from work, and I was excited to see two small envelopes hanging out of our mailbox as I came up the driveway. I knew they must be more RSVPs. I wasn’t quite sure why they were hanging out of the mailbox though – they are quite small and easily fit into the box. As I approached, I could see that they were not the crisp white envelopes we had sent with the invitations. They instead were wet, soppy, muddy, envelopes with shoe prints and smudges all over them. They were so limp and soggy that they nearly fell apart when I reached for them.

We’re not really sure what happened, but my thought is that Mr. Mailman dropped them along the way and they got strewn across the sidewalk, street, etc. and some nice neighbour found them and delivered them to our mailbox. Nothing else makes sense.

Not a huge deal. The cards inside were still legible, but it kind of made us wonder if any others were lost along the way. At the end of the day we can just call anyone who we haven’t received a reply for, but you know, take a little care man!

Oh, and my centerpieces are all finished! My bridesmaids were over on Friday night and we worked away at those (whilst munching on popcorn and doritos and a few cold Coronas - mmmmmmmm!). One more thing I can check off the list.

We also have all of our favours ready for the guests. My brother was a big help with those!


Anyway – that’s all for now…but I cannot forget to wish you a happy easter – below are some Easter Buns to get you thru’ the weekend! Have a good one! ;)



No comments: