Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The "Skinny" on what's new

Hi there. Labour Day weekend is fast approaching – a little bittersweet. Great to have a nice long weekend, but it does remind us that Fall is just around the corner. And honestly – this summer has SUCKED ARSE weather-wise!

But aside from that – things with me are going great! Since my last post I’ve been truckin’ along and feeling good! One of my new favourite things is listening to Podcasts on my iTouch. I have downloaded a bunch of them (all free), most of which have to do with health and fitness. Some of my favourites are the "Fit Cast"; "Fat 2 Fit Radio"; "Ask Leigh"; and "Yell at Your Fat".

Usually when I’m doing my running intervals, I enjoy fast, upbeat music, but when I’m doing my walks or slow climbs, I love the Podcasts. They are very motivational and full of great information. Lots of listeners write in with questions, which the hosts answer in a Q&A segment and I find lots of these questions are the same things I would ask. The woman who does "Yell at your Fat" has lost 139 lbs just through proper nutrition and exercise. She’s just a "normal" housewife, who talks about her journey and the obstacles she faced and what helped her to get through them. She offers great advice and is pretty funny too! I enjoy her. The others are a little more technical in nature, but still provide lots of helpful info.

I haven’t been weighing myself very often because the fluctuations can drive me crazy! What I do notice though is that my clothes are fitting better, and one thing that made me really happy was just last week I tried on a pair of "skinny" jeans in Petite, in a size smaller than I usually wear, and guess what!? They fit! I didn’t buy them, but it felt great getting into them!

So – changes are happening. Slowly but surely – and that’s the way I like it. I can live like this. We are going camping soon so I will pack up my healthy foods, with some good treats (rice cakes, pretzels, etc.) and do lots of swimming and hiking. The weather forecast is looking good – knock on wood – hope it stays!!

Happy Labour Day Weekend Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work