Thursday, October 26, 2006

"And Stuff....."

So, you know how some people have their own little sayings, or phrases that they tend to use - usually at the end of their sentences. Well, I've been known to finish off the odd time with the ever fabulous encapsulating term of "and stuff". I never thought of this being abnormal or slang in any way - it was just a way of saying, 'you know...there's more to it...but don't want to list every little detail' - so the 'and stuff' kind of covers that yes? Apparently no - It's been brought to my attention by someone that it's really a useless term - serves no purpose - and is in fact, just silly. However, this someone also has said that he's never heard that saying before until he heard it from me. (love you honey - but what planet were you living on?)

So - to all my peeps who are in touch with my emotion - let's have a moment shall we?

"I saw this skirt I really liked, but it had all these flowers on it and stuff...so I didn't buy it". (translation- great skirt - but the flowers were too big and the wrong colour and kind of made the skirt look too 'busy' and wouldn't have gone with most of the tops in my closet, and I'd probably prefer a plain skirt to a printed one...) - case in point - "and stuff" just saved me like 40 words! loves it. let's try again:

"I took this class and the teacher was showing us how to tie knots and stuff". (translation: I signed up for sailing lessons and we had to spend the whole first day just learning how to tie different kind of knots - slip knots, reef knots, etc. and then we had to see who could do them the quickest and the winner got a prize and then we all had lunch). bravo! - another 40+ words saved.

So you see, "and stuff" can really become your friend if you just embrace it. Who doesn't need more time in their day? This little saying will surely get you on your way. And hey....at least I'm not a "whatnot" girl. HATE that phrase - "whatnot".......it's just stupid and stuff. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOT YOUR BACK ON "THE STUFF". Sorry BF