Monday, October 30, 2006

"The Uglies"

Do you ever get the uglies? If you're female, you know what I'm talking about. The uglies can hit when you least expect it. They sneak up on you like a bad pimple! You get to work and you feel great - you're stylin' - feeling good, a confident, sophisticated momma...but then...afternoon hits, you go to the ladies' room to check your fine self out - and...aghast!!....you see....the UGLIES have hit!

How does this happen? How do you go from a vision of beauty at 7am to a frizzy-haired, blotchy-skinned, bloated, red-eyed "ugly" by 3pm? Could it be the circulated office air? or what you ate at lunch? or how stressful your day has been? Perhaps, but I personally think there is an ugly-monster who comes out and secretly sprinkles ugly-dust on me.

A good friend of mine and I had an idea. We thought that we would make some extra money on our lunch hours by setting up a "Beat the Uglies Booth". We would go to the lobby of our office building with our supplies - foundation, powder, lipstick, hairspray, perfume, etc. Women could come by on their lunch hour, walk thru' our booth, sort of like an assembly line - and get touched up, sprayed and straightened out, and then continue on their way. The whole process would only take a couple of minutes and voila! no more uglies! We thought it was a brilliant idea!

Unfortunately the security guards at our office building did not.

So, for now I will just accept the fact that the uglies may get me now and then and I will have to rely on my inner beauty to shine through. And...you know...maybe the Uglies aren't all bad...Halloween is just around the corner after all. We could save money on a pumpkin and just put my head in the window!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should patent your idea! So cool. That's your meal tickey baby!!!