Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The joys and oy's of Christmas

I am Done! Donzo! Finito. Completo! Ne Plus Pas! My Christmas shopping that is. And it feels sooooooo good. My stresses seem to be easing up and now I'm in the celebratory frame of mind. Went to a couple of parties on the weekend. Saw lots of friends and family and had lots of 'good cheer' ('hic...) All that's left to do is bake some cookies for a cookie exchange I'm having at work with my BFAWs and then it's smooth sailing till good 'ol saint nick comes by, because as i'm sure you're all aware, I have been a VERY good girl this year!

On the topics of gifts, I'm a tad nervous 'cause Rich asked me last night if I would like a set of goalie pads so he could take shots on me in the driveway. He followed that up with "it will be our special time together". But that leads me to my next point which I hope will shed some light to some of my dear friends who just don't know me as well as they think they might.

As it's time for gift-giving and receiving, a few of my friends have asked "what do you think Rich will get you". In most cases - this is a normal question right? Thing is though...when it's asked of me, what they're really trying to say is "do you think he's getting you a ring for xmas?" I know this because the question has that "tone" and is usually followed by a *wink wink*. So, I'm taking this time to shed some light on the do's and dont's of Christmas Questions.

1. DON'T ask me (either directly or in a round-about way) if I think Rich will get me a ring.

2. For Birthdays, Valentine's Day, New Years Eve, Easter or any other 'occasion' - refer to # 1 above.

3. DO think about the after-effect of that question: "no - i didn't get a ring. guess he hates me. I'm a big loser".

4. DO know that i know you mean no harm, and I still love you.

When that day comes my friends - you will all know it. I will shout it from the rooftops! but right now - the only thing that will be coming from the rooftops are the sounds of reindeer paws....and of course, that's only if you've been good like lil 'ol' me! Have a very merry Christmas and don't let your egg nog! ha. I kill me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think we've had a similar converstion- it will happen when it happens and i know you'll tell the ones you care about first-like me!!!

oh look -it's lisa season (target shooting) haha

sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Babeleh? I have been a good girl, and haven't ever asked you, about what Rich is getting you, so I think everyone should follow my good example. Road hockey with all the gang would be so much fun, like the old days playing "hut hut" ha ha I'm so funny too! Must be inherited!!SC