Tuesday, December 12, 2006

"Friends.....how many of us have them....Friends.......ones we can depend on....let's be friends"....(do you remember that song!?)

I have friends. All different kinds. Some close by, some far away, some old, some new, some funny, some serious - but they are all my friends and all bring something different to my life. As the holiday season is upon us, we find ourselves taking that extra initiative to hook up with our pals that we might not see on a regular basis - or throw in that phone call that's long overdue, etc.

Saturday night, I had a 'christmas get-together' with my two closest friends in the world. They are sisters and we grew up together. We lived 3 houses apart from each other on the same street since we were toddlers and until we all left home as young adults (or older adults - as in my case - heh). Both of our parents still live in those same houses - 3 doors apart - and they are just as close as we girls are. Even though we don't really live that far apart from one another, we don't often have the chance to get together. Both of them have children, so it's harder to find the time on thier end. But when we do - it feels soooo good to sit down and talk and laugh and reminisce about old childhood memories and the fun we used to have - and also about the new things going on in our lives now. When I think of these two girls - I think of the true meaning of friendship. I know that no matter what I tell them, I won't be judged. And no matter what they share with me - they are not judged. If I'm up, down, sideways (which tends to happen time to time) - I know I can go to them for sound advice, or just an ear and that they will always lift me up when I'm down. It really feels good inside to know that these girls will forever be my best friends. They have been for the past 30 some odd years...and will continue to be. There are many things in my life I have yet to experience, and I'm so happy that they will be able to experience those things with me. So....Sarah and Sam....this one's for you. Love ya's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

right back at ya babe!! love ya!!!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi there, your blog today brought tears, cause I just remember so many wonderful memories with these two friends, from paying Sam 5cents to take you to school, to Sarah running out in the middle of the night, and I wont say why!! Great neighbours, people we could and still can count on, what could be better than that friendship. Love you three sooo much. SC