Wednesday, December 27, 2006

So...???

Did everyone have a good Christmas and holiday? I sure did! Lots of fun, laughs, good eats (too much!) and drinks! Spent a lot of time with family and aside from a bit of driving - most of it was pretty relaxing. Have to say though....i'm kind of glad it's over and there's no pressure to do anything for awhile now. Santa was good to me...have some shiny new jewellery (no goalie pads - thank goodness!), a beautiful world globe on a wooden pedestal, perfume, clothes (from MEC too! love that store!) and a variety of gift cards that will be well used!

I have to say that 2006 was probably one of the best years I've had. In one year, I went to Florida, New York City, London England, Paris, Nice, Monaco, Provence....places I only dreamed of going. I developed new friendships at work, which is hugely important in the environment we work in, and can come into my job knowing I'm going to have some laughs and share a story or two. I moved in with my boyfriend and we've made his house a home and we're having so much fun together. I was the golf champion at his annual family golf tournament which has been occuring every year for the past 25+ years! But the most important thing is that my family is together and healthy and we have new adventures for 2007 already planned. Sometimes I have to pinch myself!

With Christmas and all the hooplah - a lot of focus is put on the gifts and people get so busy that the fact that it's also a time to spend with loved ones is sometimes lost in the shuffle. So even though I received some wonderful presents, the thing I'm most grateful for are the wonderful people in my life - my family, Rich, my friends...Spending time with my grandmother the past few days was awesome - she's going to be 90 in March and I don't get to see her often. Those are the best gifts!

Wow - who knew I was so mature!? Hope you were able to be with family and friends too! I will talk to you in the new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think goalie pads would have been a great gift...I'd have gotten pink ones for you!

Anonymous said...

Finally, mature!! What took you soooo long. Welcome to the club. I'm so happy you are sooo happy. I always told you it would happen when you least expect it!!!