Thursday, December 14, 2006

My 'Rents Rock

Me luvs my mom and dad. You know how people say "I have the best parents in the world"? well...they're all liars because "I" have the best parents in the world! I gave a shout out to my friends the other day - so I thought it only fitting to do a brief mention of my mom and dad. They rock. They're awesome. Happily married for 46 years (and counting) and still madly in love and have tons of fun together. They're so young at heart and fit and enthusiastic, that I can hardly keep up with them.

I have two older brothers (who are amazing too and I will blog about them another time!) who would say the same thing. I have too many memories to write about on here - so I will just say that mom and dad - you provided me with the best possible childhood I could think of - you treated me with dignity and respect as I was growing up and in my teenage years - you guided me in the right direction and helped me with tough decisions and you always always stood by me no matter what I chose to do. And look...I turned out pretty good right?? (RIGHT!?) Well - I think so. So here's to you. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for the love and kindness and strength and structure you provided me. love you mom and dad!

(there....that should secure me a great xmas gift this year!). ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree. Your parents and our parents did the most azaming jobs raising us kids. Cheers moms and dads!!!! Love ya loads.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi my girlie girl: What can a Mom or Dad say to that blog? You were an amazing child, talented, funny, determined, organized, caring and loving, just as you are in adulthood now. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words to us, and being the mom of you and your brothers, and the partner in life to your dad, is the best happiness and achievement I could ever attain to. love you lots, your Mom