Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Update on "Action Jackson"

So Jackson has settled in. And very quickly I might add! He must be snoozing all day because when we get home after work boy does he want to play! Usually when I get home, I like to chill for awhile…maybe go for a walk down to the waterfront…have a glass of wine…just relax before even thinking about a leisurely dinner. That’s our life right now – very leisurely. But now there’s Jackson. And Jackson doesn’t get it. And rightly so – I mean – it’s not his fault he’s alone during the day so I can hardly blame him for wanting play time when we get home. We found one solution so far. After a bunch of cuddles and belly rubs, we reach for the Laser Pen! You know those laser pointers people use for presentations, etc. Well, they’re great for cats, because we can sit on the couch with our wine and still give the cat a real good workout. He loves the red ball that floats across the carpet and up the walls and it provides a really good ‘chase’ for him.


One problem though, it’s hard to get used to him jumping onto the bed, then from the bed to the window sill, back to the bed, onto the tv, back to the bed, then up on the headboard…..then across the headboard and over to the night table…and so on and so on…it’s cute and all, BUT NOT AT 4:00 IN THE MORNING! We’re just not used to this I guess. And I don’t have the heart to shut him out of our bedroom. So – Rich and I are both pretty tired – but I’m sure in time we’ll all find our groove and Action Jackson will chill out a bit at night. If he doesn’t…I’m going to strap him to my treadmill for a few hours each night and then see how much he wants to play with momma. But we love our boy and I *think* he loves us. And if anyone has other suggestions for 'active' cat toys that can exercise them...send them our way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your Mr. J. is so handsome, and loved that pic of him on the rug. He will adapt, in time, to your routines, for now he is just Getting to Know You, so enjoy your "son" He is a lucky boy!! love SC