Thursday, August 13, 2009

Huuuuunngry

I don’t’ know what’s gotten into me the past few days but I have been so hungry! I’m wondering if I’m not eating enough, or if my metabolism is getting a bit quicker? Not sure – but I’m not eating any differently than I have been for the past couple of months, yet I’m feeling much hungrier (and no – I’m not “hormonal” as I write this)

The other culprit could be that I need to step away from my desk more during the day. Otherwise I’m just thinking about my hunger! So since it’s a beautiful sunny summer day, I put on my iPod and my running shoes and headed out for a walk during my lunch hour. I work very close to the waterfront, so I thought I would see what was going on down there.

It was jam packed! Lots of tourists taking the boat cruises, sitting on the patios, enjoying the boardwalk. People out rollerblading and jogging. There was a symphony orchestra playing at one of the outdoor musical stages, boats were sailing, and there’s a man-made beach with umbrellas and beach chairs where I sat for a few minutes before making my way back. It was amazing and I got such a “high” from it!

Amazing what a bit of fresh air, warm sun, glistening water and good music can do for your mind and soul. Earth’s natural medicine.

However………..I’m still hungry. ;)

No comments: