Friday, August 14, 2009

Lunchtime Happiness

For the past few days, since we've been having some hot and sunny weather, I decided to take advantage and kill two birds with one stone. Well, 4 birds actually. Have my lunch; get in some exercise; clear my head and soak up some vitamin D!

I found this amazing beach by the waterfront where I work - it's about a 15-20 minute walk (fast pace that is!) to get there. That gives me about 20 minutes to sit and enjoy the sites - and then I need to head back. I'm getting a good 40 minute power walk in that way, in addition to my daily workouts - so it's great!

But the best part is that it's so lovely there! I just feel really really good when I'm there. It's a little man-made "urban" beach, complete with sand, muskoka-style chairs and beach umbrellas. Across the water is the island airport, and you feel like you can practically touch the big planes as they come in for their landing. Funny thing is - you don't even hear them even though they're only about a kilometer across the water. It's so strange.

Anyway - this is my new "spot" and I love it. It is my happy place when I'm at work! Not a bad place to hang out, don't you think!?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a gorgous place to eat, relax and have fun, but more importantly I think it has gotten you to a happy secure place, and you are viewing your life with clear, fresh eyes, and that is so important for a healthy lifestyle. I love what your doing now, Keep up the good work. sc