Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Who's messin' up my mornin'....

You know...for the most part I'm a pretty happy person. I generally get up in a good mood - and start my day in a good mood - and don't have many reasons to be stressed out. But of course there is the odd time little miss sunshine isn't so sunny. This morning Rich and I drove into work (we usually commute by train). We work in a busy, hectic city - lots of people, lots of traffic and lots of yahoos on the roads. Rich is a pretty calm, easy going guy....but get him on the road with idiot drivers and he's a different person. I understand this. I do. I don't like it. But I understand it. That is why I don't drive in the city and also why I don't drive on the major highways where there is heavy traffic flow. I just don't need the stress.

So this morning as we're driving in the car, listening to our favourite morning show on the radio - i'm smilin' and humming along - thinking about my day ahead - trying to ignore that every five minutes someone is either cutting us off, crossing the wrong way, stopping for a streetcar, turning on a "do not turn", etc. etc. In the meantime, my darling boyfriend is *calmly* calling them names and waving his fists...but I continue to hum and smile and look out my window at the passers-by. This continued for about 30 minutes. I'm thinking to myself that I just can't wait to be out of this car and in my building away from the craziness.

Then...on go the brakes - full stop. Some A-Hole literally cuts right in front of us with not even an inch to spare and then slams on his brakes! Thankfully Rich was paying attention and swerved around him - but man-o-man.....I had HAD it! No more humming , no more smiling, I was pissed! I turned and said to Rich - "That's IT! I'm never driving into the city again! Forget it! This sucks! I can NOT start my mornings this way!". And he turned to me and said in a calm and loving voice "but poopy...(my nickname - long story..) we have to drive in tomorrow too." I grabbed his hand - gave it a kiss and said to him "you're on your own pal". And then, as we passed by A-Hole, we honked and gave him the finger (mature i know....) and sped away. That was the only fun part of the drive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

toooooo many idiots on the road!!
stick with the commute-so much easier!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just cant get the picture in my head of your sweet, gentle, Rich, ever blowing his top, or cussing, I know driving in to TO must be craaaazzy, hope rest of your day was better!SC