Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year - A New Me?

Happy New Year to you! Hope you had a memorable new years' eve celebration and that your cerebrums are in full working order and you're ready to make 2007 the best year of your life!! (thank you Tony Robbins...)

I don't like to call them "resolutions", but there are some things I'd like to improve on in 2007. For one, I'd like to be able to do the splits again by the end of this year! For my 'newer' friends - you may not know this, but I was a gymnast for about 15 years and then coached when I finished competing. I was the most flexible thing this side of Lake Titticaca! I could bend and twist and flip and jump....limber as an alley-cat....but now that I'm older, my flexibility is not as it used to be, and I miss it. I miss springing out of bed in the morning and taking the stairs 2 or 3 at a time. So, I'm going to start a stretching regimen to get my flexibility back, and I will send you a picture near the end of the year showing you how "low I can go" (get your minds out of the gutter!)

Secondly, I have to accept that Rich loves sports and when he lived alone he could have watched it 24-7, so the fact that he only watches it 2-7 now is pretty good. He bends for me and my makeover/shopping/cooking/dating/reality shows, so I need to ease up on him a bit and let him watch that basketball game, or hockey game, or football game, or soccer game or all 4 at the same time while flipping during commercials as they are ALWAYS ON THE TV NO MATTER WHAT DAY OR TIME IT IS ALL THE TIME FOREVER ALWAYS. But I'm okay with it. really. I am. totally. allll gooood....yup...

Third - I want to get my finances in order. So that means NO MORE SHOES! (or frivolous buying for awhile). 2006 was truly an amazing year for me - but i'm feeling the effects of it now. Rich and I both agree that we have to make the most of our time here on earth and that we want to travel travel travel. So, in order for us to do that it means NO MORE SHOES! (till spring anyway) ;)

Fourth - as my father always tells me "Lisa...you need more patience". So - I will try very hard to sit back, take some deep breaths and count to 10 before jumping the gun as I do in some situations. I do think I'm better now than I used to be...but I still can improve on that front.

I'm sure there will be more that come to mind as the year progresses, but I will start with those and see how it goes. And who knows...maybe this time next year when you're putting away your Christmas cards, you will look fondly at the one with the picture of the barefoot girl doing the splits, while high on a mountain in the Himalayas, smiling down at her boyfriend who is playing soccer with the buddhist children, as the sun sets slowly behind them..........What!? It could happen.

No comments: