Monday, April 23, 2007

The Mouse that Was – Part 2

I’m sad today. Yesterday was a gorgeous day – it was spent outside at our house doing yard-work, pulling out old growth, raking and preparing for the summer ahead. I like this kind of stuff and we have lots of things we want to do with the yard and garden this year, so it felt really productive to get the “cleaning up” part out of the way.

So, I told you how I saved mousey and let him go outside on our side patio right? Well…he didn’t go very far unfortunately. When I was sweeping up the debris from the patio and lifted the BBQ cover off the ground – there was poor mousey. Lying there. Lifeless. I was shocked at first. Then I felt sadness. He didn’t make it. It was either the dish soap that did him in, or the cold, or it’s even possible a cat got at him….but whatever it was – I feel responsible and horrible.

Lots of you won’t understand – but that’s just me. I thought I gave him a second chance. But instead he’s no longer here because I didn’t empty the dish water out of the sink. I think Rich is secretly happy…but he tried to make me feel better and said it wasn’t my fault.

Anyway – to mousey – I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to kill you. Bad mommy.

No comments: