Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Holiday Wrap Up

Well - if everyone had as much turkey as I did, you’re probably still yearning to lay down on that couch and continue digesting! Between Rich’s family, my family, and the leftovers, it’s been turkey central! But it was a lovely Thanksgiving weekend – as it always seems to be.

We were at Rich’s cottage on the Saturday and during dinner a storm passed directly over us, accompanied by lightning and thunder, and then wouldn’t you know it - out goes the power! But it was actually kind of cool because we all grabbed some candles and set them up around the table and dined by candlelight. Actually, once the power came back on, we contemplated just turning the lights back off!

At my mom’s place the next day it was a lot of fun and felt so cozy and “homey” for me. They have made their little house so attractive and welcoming and I love being there. Me and my mom just lied on the couch for awhile – well, she was sitting, but I was lying down with my feet on her lap and she rubbed my feet for me while I had a snooze – what can be better than that! The colours up north were magnificent. I didn’t go swimming, but could have. It was that warm.

So, Thanksgiving is over. No more holidays until Christmas. But our trip to Chicago is booked around the middle of November! I’m very much looking forward to that. I had no idea how expensive hotels are in Chicago!! If you want to stay in the downtown core that is – which we are – but we got our flights free with Air Miles, so I guess we can’t complain. Anyway – I’m looking forward to seeing the big aquarium that’s there and of course the shopping on the Magnificent Mile – and it just so happens our dollar is great right now!


On the wedding front – everything is still on track. Next big thing will be ordering my dress and thinking about where/who to do our invitations. I’m supposed to order my dress on the 20th of this month – but after all the food this weekend I’m thinking I may hold off a little while longer to try to whittle away some of the holiday leftovers that have made their way around my waist! Anyway – that’s the wrap up for now. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, Thanksgiving is a long way off here in the States. It's still warm in Beaufort - we haven't done much shrimping ourselves this year, but have bought some very reasonably priced freshly caught shrimp at roadside stands. A friend promises some fall deer meat for our November Thanksgiving. Look forward to seeing you and Rich soon!

Billie

Anonymous said...

Hi Leece, your thanksgiving weekend was really for the "birds eh" just kidding I know you had a good time and love to provide you with a nice place to come and relax, and I enjoyed feet rubbing too, was like old times, I like having my "little girl" home for a visit. I wish I could go to Chicago too, sounds like you will have a great trip. take picture for me to see. love SC