Monday, October 22, 2007

A wedding inspired weekend...

This weekend was great! Saturday was a big day – dress day! I had been out looking at dresses a few months back and saw some I really liked, but wanted to give it a bit more time before ordering. So on Saturday, me, my mom, my aunt (Linda) and my sister-in-law (Brenda) all met for lunch and then afterwards we headed to the bridal salon!

The girls at this salon are amazing. They remembered me from my last visit and they pulled out the two dresses that were on the top of my list so that I could try them on again. And then Brenda and Linda went nuts! They started pulling dresses upon dresses off the rack and saying “leece try this one”; “lisa – here’s another one” “oh leece, this would look great on you!”. My poor mom was in the changeroom with me helping me in and out of the dresses – and some of them are HEAVY! It was a workout for sure!

It was funny too, because there was another girl there with her family also trying on dresses. When I came into the store, she actually had on my #1 choice! (and it looked great on her which made me happy because we were about the same build) And so in I went until “my dress” was free and started trying on some others. Turns out the first dress I came out in was HER #1 choice. So there she was in “my” dress, and I was in “her” dress! It was freaky!

So, as I was saying my family kept bringing me in other dresses to try – but at the end, when I finally put on my #1 choice from 2 months ago – they all ooohed and aahhhed and said “Yup! That’s the One!”. Even the girls’ friends who were there said that it was the nicest one I’d had on all day. So it’s a done deal! I bought my dress and I love it and I’m so happy!

Then on Sunday, a friend of ours who’s taking courses in photography came over, and we headed down to a conservation area by the lake and she took a whack of pictures of us. I guess you could call them ‘engagement’ photos – but we’ll use them for different things. It was a great afternoon – the weather was perfect – the sun was shining – the breeze was blowing and the fall colours and leaves with the inky blue of the lake provided for some very beautiful shots I’m sure!


So – that was my “wedding weekend”. Rich had a good time too! After the photo shoot, we went out for dinner and then came home and crashed! We were wiped. It’s not easy shopping all day one day, and then being a supermodel the next you know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bride to be: It was a fun day, and a warm and happy one for your aunt and mom, I have a wonderful daughter, sister, and daughter in law to share a memorable day with. love SC