Tuesday, April 08, 2008

It’s getting closer…

Yesterday marked 2 months until the wedding! Everything is great and things are running smoothly (I’m knocking on my head as I write that). The only (somewhat impt.) outstanding things we have to do is get our marriage license and our wedding bands (which are being made for us).

We have lots of things coming up in the next few weeks: my first dress fitting, meeting with our officiant, our menu tasting, my hair and make-up trial, my stagette (yee-haw!), rich’s stag (won't be as fun as mine) ;) Fun things that we are looking forward to.

The RSVPs are coming in much slower than I anticipated. I think because I sent ‘save-the-date’ cards, I assumed people would already know whether or not they’d be attending. We still have time to get our numbers in, so it’s okay, I’m just a bit surprised that’s all. As I write this, I think we have back about 35 of the 90 invitations that were sent out.

The weather is warming up, the sun is shining more, and I am feeling more excited each day. Not really nervous yet. I’m more just wondering how I will feel waking up on my wedding day, knowing that one of my biggest dreams is about to come true! I can't seem to grasp how that will feel. It's a pretty powerful thing and I just want to take every moment of the day in as much as I can.

The past 11 months that I’ve been engaged has been a wonderful experience and one I will never forget. Lots of people hire wedding planners, but for me, I’ve truly enjoyed doing this on my own (with help from family and friends of course) and I feel like it’s really “my” wedding and it will be all I imagined it to be. I think I will just appreciate everything so much more in the end.

I realize that not everything always goes as planned, but as long as Rich and I say “I do” – that’s all that really matters in the end. (well, that and that nobody is late and the sun is shining, and my hair looks good and the music rocks and the food is great and it doesn’t rain and ……………)

P.S - Our boy Jackson has helped too - with our table numbers...what do you think?




No comments: