Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Showers of Happiness

I don’t really think of myself as a princess, but you wouldn’t know that from the beautiful bridal shower my aunts and sisters-in-law put on for me this past weekend.

It was a surprise shower – the plan to get me there was that I was having a luncheon with my aunts and sisters-in-law and my mom. But who lunches at 3pm? And why is my sister-in-law’s mom in the van (she picked me up) - and what’s with all the gift bags? So I figured it out quite quickly, but I was still super-stoked to get there and start my fun afternoon!

In I walk to my Aunt’s house, and I was expecting a huge yell out of “SURPRISE” and I was practicing my ‘surprise face’ but when I walked in, nobody was there! The room was completely empty – I kid you not! I could hear everyone downstairs laughing and talking, etc. I guess nobody was looking out the window for me! It was kind of hilarious really!

I took a minute there by myself to look around me. The foyer of my aunt’s house was full of pink and white organza and tulle and ribbons and the banisters were covered the same and the lamps and chandeliers were all sparkling and dangling and covered with organza too…it was like a wonderland of sorts.

So downstairs I go…and then after standing there for a few minutes once people realized I’d arrived – I hear “Surprise!”….and the fun began. My chair was a huge puffy loveseat covered completely with organza and beads and jewels with white hearts dangling above it from the ceiling, and the 60 odd inch (HUGE) tv screen had an image of a beach on it with waves going back and forth and I felt like I was in a different world! It was really beautiful.

We played games, I got beautiful presents, and the food was delish! (thanks Auntie Lin!). My future mother-in-law and sister-in-law were there too, which meant a lot to me, and my awesome bridesmaids helped so much, and of course all of my family.


All of the decorations and gifts were beautiful and wonderful – but what meant the most to me was the people that were there to share in that day, and knowing that everyone is truly happy for Rich and I. That’s what counts and that’s what made the day so special. With all the planning that has been done over the past year, I have to admit that it’s kind of fun to sit back and enjoy these special events that are taking place now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Princess Leece, what a great Blog you have!! Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed decorating and arranging the decor so that you would feel like a Princess on your special "Bridal Shower Day". I've been making goody bags, buying gifts for the guests and arranging organza for over a month and I loved every minute of it. I had so much fun trying to surprise you and wanted so badly to see your face when you walked in. I was looking so forward to saying,"SURPRISE"!!!! But, wouldn't you know, I had to go to the bathroom just before you walked in. I was at the front door the whole time waiting for you: "GREAT TIMING", but I did yell out SURPRISE!!, from the "bathroom". I guess you didn't hear me. Believe it or not, I still have some of the decorations up. I hate to take them down. Anyway, honey, I love you so much and I'm so glad the day was successful for you. You look as beautiful as a princess and I really hope you did feel like "A PRINCESS FOR A DAY".
Love always - Auntie Dianne

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie, it is a wonderful time, when your engaged, and the showers are a good time to have everyone just relax and enjoy the day. Especially for you, as Dianne and Linda and Cheryl and Brenda had it all done, and you didnt need to do anything but arrive, and it was really funny that no one was there to see you come in. But I am thrilled you had a wonderful afternoon, and the house looked like a fairy tale setting. Dianne did a superb job on that! and Linda on the food, and the girls were all happy to make it a special day for you and of course Rich will benefit from all the nice presents you received. Love ya lots, SC