Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh What A Night!

Oh what a night is right! Saturday was my stagette and boy did we do 'er up right! My evening started with much anticipation, as I was due to be picked up around 5:30 pm to head to Shannon's condo downtown. As the time ticked away, it was closer to 8:00 when I finally arrived! But no sooner had I stepped inside, I was given a shot glass and a huge "cheers" from all the girls and the fun began!

All of a sudden I had a p*nis necklace draped around my neck, a p*nis drinking cup and of course, p*nis straws to make it all go down that much smoother! And I was crowned Miss Bachellorette with a sash and all!

There were about 15 of us I think, and we had a pre-bar party at the condo. Shots were had, laughs were abundant and the music was great thanks to a bachellorette mix made for me by the Tobemeister. (thanks Toby!) But something was up. Shannon turned to me and said "ok...for now you can do what you want...but at 8:30 I tell you what to do".

So of course - red flag - not sure what's going on, but I continue to drink and dance and be merry. Then I said I wanted to change my shirt, but apparently I was not allowed in the bedroom to do so. Right away I thought for SURE they had a stripper locked up in the bedroom just waiting to come out! I threatened to jump off the balcony (of the 33rd floor) 'cause i told the girls 'no strippers' - just not my thing!

So 'lo and behold - I'm told to sit in the chair and I'm anxiously waiting, and then out of the room come bags of presents!! my bridesmaids and friends had a surprise shower for me! It was amazing because I found out about my family showers that are coming up, but I had no idea the girls were doing this for me. It was really amazing and a total shock! I was finally surprised! So good job ladies!

But of course, no bachellorette party is complete without a trip out to a club for some good old dancing! Off we went to Devil's Martini - an older club in Toronto, but it was renovated not too long ago. Apparently it's pretty well known for it's stagettes too! So off we all went and we were on guest list so we got right in.

Before I could turn around, I had drinks in my hand and shots being poured down my throat and the boogie-woogie night had begun! (And note to self - you are not 19 anymore so the "go down low" dance is why you can't walk today). I must say... Yaggemeisters (spelling?), mixed with Goldschlagger, mixed with Apple Sours really don't go well together - but at the time I didn't really care!! If you put a shot in front of me, I was doing it!

But boy oh boy - the next morning I sure paid for it! Not a pretty sight and I'll spare you the details. But I had a fabulous night - we danced and drank and sang and laughed. I was pretty sloshed! But that's the point right? It was my stagette and my night to party with my girls. Here are just a few pics from the condo. I don't have any from the bar yet, but once I'll get I'll post those too. So thank you everyone for a great night! I won't forget it.





















No comments: