Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Sunny South, Chicago and Shoes....

Yesssssss! Our trip to Me-hi-co is booked! We don't leave till beginning of March - but thank god i have something to look forward to during the hellish cold of winter we Canadians are so lucky to have. It's funny - i'm already thinking about what to wear/pack, etc. I'm a nerd.

Went to see Chicago last night. The musical - not the city. heh. In a word - fantastic! I was surprised by all the 'youngish' girls in the audience...but then I realized why. The male lead ("Billy Flynn" - Richard Gere's role in the movie) was played by none other than Kevin Richardson of the Backstreet Boys! He actually did a really really good job. I highly recommend you go see it if you like musicals. High energy and great performances.

You know how everything old is new again? Well...what's your feel on the "ballet-slipper" shoes that are out now? When I was shopping in Niagara last weekend - I was *this* close" to buying a pair of Steve Madden ones - black patent leather - but of course...I procrastinated and didn't. And now - that's all I can think about! So yesterday I went and bought a different kind - not patent - but still sort of the ballet-style. Sometimes I look at my feet and think "cute!". Other times I look and think "granny!". Actually - the travel agent who booked our trip told me she is going shopping to the exact same outlet mall this weekend in Niagara, NY - I've never seen the girl before I booked the trip with her - but I'm considering giving her a call and asking her to pick up the Steve Maddens for me.

Anyway - looking forward to dinner out with some of my BFAWs tomorrow and then a nice weekend of nothing! Sometimes there's nothing like 'chillin' like a villain'.
Later Taters

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey world traveller. Mexico that's awesome. I love going to the theatre- even better when you know someone in the show.
I'm taking my son to see "The Phantom of the Opera" in March.
He doesn't know yet but I know he'll love it. He saw the "Lion King" when he was six and still talks about it. He appreciates the theatre even though his dad hates it. Time to get out of the 80's eh?

Anonymous said...

Hey there , I too have some black flats, I have been hiding in the closet, but maybe now can take them out and wear them? Not quite ballet shoes, when their size 10, but what the heck, if there in there in! right sylin maven? Or are you shaken your head, saying no for heavens sake no! SC

Blog said...

Mexico? NICE!!!