Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Blogosphere – The New Political Arena? I think not.

I was reading a paper today on my morning commute into work, and I came across a column written by a University of Calgary professor who described bloggers as “isolated and lonely, living in a virtual reality instead of forming real relationships or helping to change the world.” He also says that “bloggers are living in a world where emotions may be real but everything else is make-believe”.

Well pardon my french, but *#@! you, Mr. Professor. I’m not sure about the rest of you out there – but for me blogging is just one way that I express my creative side; how I share some thoughts that I find interesting. Sure – some of my posts are more personal and geared towards close friends and family – but does that make me isolated, lonely and living in never-never land? I don’t think so. I’m actually happier in my life now than I’ve ever been.

And what is reality anyway? To me, reality is whatever you perceive it to be. So if you want to get technical – there is no reality – there is only perception. (I think Dr. Phil would agree).

In any event – I think bloggers are people who are not afraid to test the boundaries – who are creative and intuitive and strong-minded. I’m not trying to toot my own horn – I’m just saying that it sometimes takes guts to put yourself out there. Are we changing the world? No. But perhaps we’re lightening it just a little for someone who might be having a rough day. So put that in your pipe and smoke it Mr. Prof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SAY IT SISTER!!! GO GIRL