Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A shout out to my Meho

So, this Friday I am going to see my meho. My meho is actually my friend, Shannon, but to me she is meho. I think that started when we went to Cuba together and I heard someone say it - not even sure what it means - "little one" or something like that?? anyway - my meho and I have a date this Friday and I can't wait.

We have known each other about 9 years now I think. We met in college and then ended up working at the same firm together. We have pretty much the same sense of humour, so we can have some pretty good laughs about stuff. Don't get me wrong - we've had our moments that weren't so peachy - but we've always worked it out - which is what's important. What's funny about my meho and I is that even though in some ways we're very much alike...there are more ways in which we're complete and total opposites:

1. We don't like the same music (like c'mon - who doesn't like Gordon Lightfoot!??)

2. We don't like the same stores (like c'mon - who doesn't like Winners!??)

3. We don't like the same tv shows (like c'mon - who doesn't like The Biggest Loser!??)

4. We don't like the same clothes (like c'mon - who doesn't like Dickies!??) haaaa. kidding. although I used to have a nice red one.

The point is - we may disagree on a lot of stuff, but when we're together we have a lot of fun. We were both single for a long time so we were each other's travel companions. We've been to Cuba a bunch of times together and always had a blast. Our first trip was the best! Ahhhh...the memories. (Shan....remember when we stole all the buns? and the time we jumped in people's pictures and pretended they were our friends? and the time we sang at the piano bar with all the senior citizens? - good times). The other good times cannot be mentioned at this time as my parents and boyfriend read this blog. ;)

So, I'm looking forward to seeing my meho on Friday. We will laugh and dine and drink and reminisce and maybe even have a fight. (kidding). Unless she keeps pulling her cell phone out every 5 seconds... OOPS! did i say that out loud? ;) See you soon sista!

No comments: