Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Bro's...

How many of you are lucky enough to have a brother? Well, I am. I have 2 actually. Both older. Both wiser. Both of them mean the world to me. There's a few years between us, 10 yrs between me and Cory and 8 years between me and Rich. And yes, my boyfriend and brother have the same name, so it gets a bit confusing sometimes to my 90 year old grandmother when I tell her I'm going to Rich's (boyfriend) mom's for dinner and wants to know why she can't come, etc. But I digress.....

Growing up, people would say to me that it must be hard to "only have brothers and no sisters" - but not for me. I loved it! I was the youngest, the only girl, well taken care of (i.e. spoiled) and loved loved loved having my brothers around. Often they would be my baby-sitter when my parents were out. I grew up loving sports (don't tell the boyfriend) because of them. I always felt protected and secure and even though I was (and still am, obvioulsy) younger than them, they always made me feel important and took time to teach me things and laugh and spend time with me.

Now that I'm older, I appreciate my time with them even more. Even though we may not see each other as often as we used to, they are in my thoughts every day. We are as close as siblings can be. Get us together in a room and the laughs begin as memories are re-lived. Not to mention the guitars and singing as we all play and goof around making up songs about each other or our family, etc. Cory and Rich - I love you guys. Thanks for being the best brothers a girl could have. You make my life more beautiful.

And don't forget....my birthday is coming up soon ;) (totally kidding)....(not really)....(yeah...kidding)....(kinda).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi its me again, your faithful blog reader. You just dont know how powerful your bloggies are do you? Tears again, are we the Brady's or the Waltons? cool, wonderful, happy it just doesnt get any better. love ya kiddo, SC